Eduardo earned his Master’s degree in Regulation from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences, United Kingdom, and his LL.B. from the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP). His experience spans competition law, economic regulation, and network and concession industries, representing clients from the energy, transportation infrastructure and telecommunications sectors. He is fluent in English.
Partner of Bullard Falla Ezcurra+ since 2013. Prior to that, Eduardo was a partner in the Regulation practice area of Rodrigo Elías & Medrano, Santiváñez Abogados, and Lema, Solari & Santiváñez Abogados.
Eduardo also worked at the Supervisory Agency for Private Investment in Telecommunications (OSIPTEL) as a senior advisor, technical secretary and legal analyst. Moreover, he worked at INDECOPI, the Peruvian competition authority, as a substitute member of the Free Competition Commission, a member of the Asset Restructuring Commission in Piura and a legal coordinator of the Economic Studies Management Department.
Eduardo has provided specialized consulting services to the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Peru Andean Trade Capacity Building Program (PATCB), the Supervisory Agency for Investment in Energy and Mining (OSINERGMIN), OSIPTEL, and the Supervisory Agency for Investment in Public Use Transport Infrastructure (OSITRAN).
Eduardo is a professor of Competition Law at the Law School and in the Master of Business Law program at the PUCP. He also teaches the Competition Law course of the Master’s Degree in Public Utility Regulation and Infrastructure Management at the Universidad del Pacífico.
He taught the Fundamentals of the Telecommunications Business and Regulation and Competition Law course of the Master’s Degree in Finance and Corporate Law at the Universidad ESAN. Eduardo also taught the Competition Law course of the Master’s Degree in Regulation at the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
In addition, he taught courses in the university extension program offered by regulatory agencies, such as OSINERGMIN, OSIPTEL and OSITRAN.
Singled out as an expert Latin American lawyer by Chambers & Partners in its Competition/Antitrust, Public Law and Regulatory TMT: Telecomms, Media and Technology categories from 2009 to 2021.
Recipient of the British Chevening Scholarship, administered by the British Council, to pursue a master’s degree in England (2003).
- Quintana, Eduardo, Falla, Alejandro and Villarán, Lucía, “Cartels Law and Practice in Peru,” Chambers & Partners, 2020 and 2021.
- Quintana, Eduardo, Falla, Alejandro, Villarán, Lucía and Cadenas, Andrea, “Merger Control Law and Practice in Peru,” Chambers & Partners, 2020 and 2021.
- “Control of Concentrations in Peru: Stepping up to the Majors,” 2019.
- Quintana, Eduardo and Villarán, Lucía, “Entry Regulation: The Peruvian Experience on Prohibitions and Restrictions to Market Access,” Ius et Veritas, no. 53, 2016.
- “Free Competition,” 20th Anniversary Commemorative Publication of INDECOPI, 2013.
- Quintana, Eduardo and Falla, Alejandro, “Andean Community Law. Chapter: Competition Law in the Andean Community,” Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2003.